Serves: 2 large Buddha bowls
Cooking time: 20 mins
Preparation time: 10 mins
Ingredients for the bowls
- 1 pot of Seabloom ‘Tuna-Free’ Flakes (100g), defrosted
- 150g quinoa + 2 cups of water
- 150g frozen peas
- a small head of broccoli (approximately 100g), washed and cut into florets
- 150g red cabbage, washed and finely grated
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 mini cucumber, washed
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1 tbs of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs French mustard
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- Wash the quinoa, place in a pan with the water and cook over a medium heat until the quinoa seeds open, approximately 20 minutes.
- Whilst the quinoa is simmering, cook the peas over a low to medium heat and steam or briefly boil the broccoli; you want them to be cooked, but to still have some bite. Remove from the heat when done.
- Prep the avocado, cucumber and red cabbage.
- Just before serving, whisk the dressing ingredients together in a little jar so that everything’s combined.
- Assemble the bowls by placing an equal amount of Seabloom ‘Tuna-Free’ Flakes, quinoa, peas, broccoli, red cabbage, avocado and cucumber into each bowl. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
For added crunch, you can sprinkle a handful of sunflower seeds or pomegranate fruit over your bowl too.