Serves: 4-6 as canapés
Cooking time: 70 mins
Preparation time: 20 mins
Ingredients for the filled potato skins
- ½ pot of Seabloom ‘Tuna-Free’ Flakes (50g), defrosted
- 500g small baking potatoes, washed
- a drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 60ml vegan yoghurt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- a handful of chopped chives
Ingredients for the sauce
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 30g parsley
- 30g coriander
- 1-2 tbs vegan yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400ºF.
- Pierce the potatoes a few times with a fork, before drizzling with olive oil and seasoning. (It's really worth using baking potatoes here. The skins are thicker meaning they hold their shape well and get nice and crispy in the oven).
- Bake the potatoes for about 1 hour or until the potatoes are cooked through and tender, (pierce them with a fork to test).
- Whilst the potatoes are baking, prep the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven but keep it switched on. Let the potatoes cool for 15 minutes, cut them in half and carefully scoop out the insides into a small bowl.
- Mash the potato with the vegan yoghurt, chives and olive oil, then mix through the defrosted Seabloom ‘Tuna-Free’ Flakes.
- Place this mixture back into the potato skins. Bake for around 10 minutes until they just start to brown.
- Once done, top the filled potato skins with sauce and a sprinkling of chives. Serve immediately.
For a Mexican twist, try mashing the potato with vegan cheese, a touch of cayenne or fresh chillies and top with refried beans and fresh coriander.